Business

Controversial attempt to assassinate Scott Scott-Crossley killer – SABC News

The case against controversial farm manager Mark Scott-Crossley is expected to reopen in Naphuno District Court outside Tzaneen in Limpopo.

Scott-Crossley is said to have run over rural worker Silence Mabunda with his car and broke his mobile phone in Hoedpsruit in December 2016.

He faces charges of damage to property and attempted murder.

On Monday, the first witness, a journalist from the local newspaper Elbi Dippenaar, took the testimony.

Dippenaar told the court that she interviewed the plaintiff, Silence Mabunda, in his hospital bed and obtained permission to take pictures.

The government, however, argued that the reporter’s version was incorrect.

Its publication contradicted the evidence provided by Mabunda earlier in the report, saying reporters used mobile phones to take pictures.

Attorney General Erick Mabape has claimed that the journalist did not speak to Mabunda.

Defendant Karl van Tonder will again call another witness at the trial.

Not new to controversy

Scott-Crossley has since pleaded not guilty to all charges against him. He also failed in his proposal to have a higher judiciary abolished and his case dismissed.

He’s not new to controversy.

In 2005, the Phalaborwa Circuit Court found him guilty of throwing his employee Nelson Chisale into a lion enclosure.

However, in 2007, the Supreme Court annulled his murder.

It gave him five years in prison for the minor offense of being an accomplice.

In the video below from January 2017, news of Scott-Crossley surrendering to police:

-Additional reports Rudzani Tshivhase

Controversial attempt to assassinate Scott Scott-Crossley killer – SABC News

Source link Controversial attempt to assassinate Scott Scott-Crossley killer – SABC News

Back to top button