The Gauteng Department of Education is confident that its online application system is stable enough to handle the application season.
Starting Friday, parents of future first graders and eight students can apply for the next school year.
MEC for Education Panyaza Lesufi held a press conference before the introduction, in which he outlined the changes to the system.
Lesufi says they have upgraded the technical capacity to handle the demand.
“We submitted a single application and also upgraded our technical side to be able to host 40,000 people at a time. Up to 120 applications can be made per hour.”
The #2023OnlineAdmissionsGP The application period for grades 1 and 8 starts on July 22, 2022 at 08:00 and ends on August 19, 2022 at 00:00.
— Gauteng Department of Education (@EducationGP1) July 8, 2022
Gauteng Education spokesperson Steve Mabona warned parents not to try to access the system before it goes live.
“You know that we improve the system every year, you will understand that last year we did two phases, we will eliminate this. But as far as improvements go, MEC will give us that at a later stage. We just want to remind parents not to start logging in now, they have to wait until 8 a.m. tomorrow to enter the system. We know that some people start at midnight and rush to access the system, which will not help because they will not be in a position to access the system. So tomorrow at 8 o’clock we will be live. “
Mabona says Lesufi will be in Mohllakeng on Friday to help parents with applications:
Gauteng Education’s confident online system handles applications stably – SABC News
Source link Gauteng Education’s confident online system handles applications stably – SABC News