South Africa

Hut residents urged the candles to be extinguished before bedtime to avoid a hut fire-SABC News

Northern Cape police are suing hut residents Always extinguish fire and candles before going to bed.. The call was triggered by the death of a family of four who died in a hut fire in White City near Kimberley.

25 years– –An old mother, her boyfriend, and their two toddlers died when their hut broke out. This is the second case in which a family burned and died in the area. Patricia Sekgoro, And her two boys died in a similar manner two weeks ago.

Priscilla Dava and her boyfriend Raymond ReverieLived in a new hut– –Establish an informal settlement nearby Rudepan With two children, 1 and 5 years old. There are no basic services such as water or electricity in this area.Like them neighbor, They relied on candles and paraffin stoves. They all died in a hut fire while they were sleeping.

Rural POris SPork person, Bashore Billet Kale says he’s worried about recent incidents..

“”A family of four died in a hut fire WHite CSex Roodepan.. TThe cause of the fire is an abandoned candle.Police are suing in the hut dExtinguish their fires and candles before they go to bed.we, further, Instead of appealing to the community and using shooters to lock the hut from the inside As a padlock It’s easy to escape during a hut fire,“Kale says.

With family neighbor I’m still upset by the shock. Ndaba’s friend Eldina Serape says she lost her friend and sister.

“”It hurts so much I Lost a friend.. SHe was everything to me.. We was like a sister. I don’t know what really happened.The last time we were together SSaturday with her 姻戚 House,“Serape says.

Neighbors of the deceased family say that the tragedy could have been prevented if their area had water and electricity.

Hut residents urged the candles to be extinguished before bedtime to avoid a hut fire-SABC News

Source link Hut residents urged the candles to be extinguished before bedtime to avoid a hut fire-SABC News

Back to top button