Lifestyle

SACP keeps away from the possibility of shutdown-SABC News

Communist Party (SACP) is moving away from unconfirmed reports of possible closures of the country.

This happens as posts on social media claim that a complete shutdown will occur on Monday are widespread.

A similar campaign last month killed more than 350 people in looting and vandalism in parts of KwaZulu-Natal and Houten.

SACP’s KZN State Secretary Themba Mathembu states that he does not tolerate the blockade of the state.

“I don’t know who put out this poster. I woke up in the morning with this poster with our logo, and it’s looking for something we don’t care about. So we then ourselves That’s why we keep ourselves away. We don’t tolerate the violent behavior, looting that has happened in the past. It has devastated our working-class community. “

On Mondays, on the other hand, most of Soweto is open as usual.

The rose taxi stand, which is always busy in Soweto, is full of commuters getting on and off the taxi. Crowded buses can also be seen carrying passengers to their destinations.

Traffic runs smoothly along the Chris Hani Road and Nancefield Road, which are used as exit routes to and from Soweto. Some of the shopping malls that were attacked and destroyed during public unrest last month are not yet open.

Security guards have people at the entrance. Currently there is no police visibility.

Law enforcement officers increased vigilance in rumors of shutdown

The National Joint Operational and Intelligence Structure has confirmed that law enforcement agencies have been vigilant following rumors.

In a statement from joint operations and intelligence agencies, Maj. Gen. Masapero Peters states that new threats have not been underestimated.

She says security forces are very vigilant to maintain the stability of the country.

“The Nat Joint is aware of inflammatory messages on various social media platforms that defend violence. The people behind these messages have been warned that instigating violence is a criminal offense. The general public is warned of spreading such disruptive messages. Another set of messages is also doing rounds where people are mobilizing to respond to possible shutdowns. The public is urged not to respond to calls for violence and crime, and therefore discourages them from participating in activities that go against the rule of law and undermine the authority of the state. “

The University of Cape Town’s Center for Analysis and Behavioral Change says it is revisiting the demand for shutdowns and violence from sophisticated networks of Twitter accounts that facilitate radical economic transformation ideas.

Stuart Jones of the Center states that some suspicious accounts have been used by retweeting social media coverage more than 100,000 times. He says at least 12 fake accounts were used to spread wildfire-like exciting messages on social media.

“Sticking on these 12 accounts created over 100,000 tweets in a month, of which 14,000 contained hashtags and keywords that were thought to be related to incitement to violence. Each account is posted 526 times a day on average, and the highest of these accounts is a day with hashtags related to incitement to violence on the 12th of July. 1 Posted 254 times. This is an average tweet every 43 seconds. “

SACP keeps away from the possibility of shutdown-SABC News

Source link SACP keeps away from the possibility of shutdown-SABC News

Back to top button