Two girls, their father and family cat, have died after alleged poisoning.
- Three children fell ill at a school in the free state after they were allegedly poisoned by a relative.
- Two of the brothers died and the third was taken to hospital.
- The girls’ father also died after falling ill at work.
Free State police arrested a woman after the deaths of two 10- and 14-year-old nieces, their father, and a family cat who ate bean soup for them.
Her third 11-year-old niece is in hospital.
Police said the family ate the soup before they went to work and go to school.
Around 10 a.m., the nurses complained of stomach cramps at Utopia Farm School, said Captain Phumelelo Dhlamini, a police spokesman.
Teachers took them to a clinic in Bethlehem, where two died. the third is treated in the intensive care unit of Phekolong Hospital.
Their father fell ill at work and was admitted to the hospital in Phekolong, where he later died, Dhlamini added.
The family cat was found dead after eating the same soup.
A preliminary investigation revealed that their aunt cooked and fed them the soup for breakfast, but did not eat it. He could not give a satisfactory reason [to explain] why he got rid of the soup left in the pot.
The 21-year-old woman is expected to appear at the Bethlehem Court on Friday.
Tate Makgoe, of the Free State Education MEC, said the education department was “shocked to receive news of the deaths of these students.”
Senior officials visited the family to provide support and counseling to teachers and their fellow students.
“We are deeply saddened by this early death and wish to extend our condolences to the family who have lost their children in this tragic way,” he said.
At least four other children have died from poisoning, allegedly from a parent, in the past two months.
A 37-year-old mother, Gauteng, was allegedly brought to justice it poisons its two children Earlier this month. A 16-year-old boy died and a 7-year-old girl was hospitalized. He allegedly poisoned the children after a large sum of money was fraudulent from him.
A man was arrested last month for allegedly using him lacy energy drinks to poison your children. Three brothers – aged 16, 13 and 6 – died and a fourth was hospitalized.
Never miss a story. Choose from our newsletters to get the news you want straight into your inbox
Two girls, their father and family cat died after eating bean soup, aunt arrested
Source link Two girls, their father and family cat died after eating bean soup, aunt arrested